Friday, June 09, 2006

Round Hill Class - 6/8/2006

I made a surprise appearance at Brian's class and I brought newbies along. Seven is the largest I've seen that class get. In attendance were Brian, Brian, TJ, me, Tim, Banu, and Allison. Tim and Banu plan on attending regularly. We started with basic ukemi: zempo, koho, sokuho, and oten. Next we did three of the sanshin no kata: chi, sui, and fu. Brian then had me demostrate something, anything. I chose one of the simplest things we did on Tuesday: technique #2. Then we moved into something similar. From a lapel grab lightly cover move and back slightly into a very high level migi ichimonji and sokuyaku zempo geri to the nearest leg. The knee would be the most effective target but depending on the uke you may want to attack above the knee or the hip. The head then should be readily available for pummeling. We worked from this setup the whole night adding the usage of a tessen and a knife. We also added an uke nagashi which changed the foot work alittle. With the uke nagashi you moved into hidari ichimonji and you could do a variety of geri attacks. It was good times all around. Gambatte.

No comments: