Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Richmond (Doug) Class 9/28/2006

It has been few days now but I'll try my best to recall what happened after the ukemi and sanshin...



  1. Uke: Double lapel grab.
    Tori: Grab the flesh behind the elbow to control the uke. Use the uke's elbows to take the balance. If they attempt to kick you should be able to take them off balance easily.


  2. Uke: Tsuki to face, same side kick to stomach, opposite hand tsuki to stomach.
    Tori: Step to the outside with ichimonji no kamae and perform an uke nagashi to the outside of the elblow. With your free hand lightly touch the uke's wrist. Slightly evade the kick sorta like in koku. Perform a gedan uke nagashi with the free hand to the incoming punch. Apply omote gyaku. EDIT: There is a shuto to the neck before the omote gyaku and this is called saka nagare. Thanks Dave.



That's really all I can remember. That and Matt showing me how to do backflips. I won't be training this week but when I'm back I'll have backflips down within a week. :-)

Gambatte!

No comments: