Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Kihon Shibu 02/05/2008

With the nice weather we've been having the dojo was quite warm. I was also surprised to find Mike had joined us for the night's session.

We started the night with the regular じうなんたいそ followed by some うけみ。 After a short round of follow-the-leader to see where the weaknesses were we worked on よこ ながれ。Then we worked on ぜんぽう かいてん、こうほう かいてん and りょうて おてん。 I then put a medium sized obstacle on the floor and we proceeded to do おてん、とび、and ひちょかいてん over it.

Next, we worked on some material from the Zero Point Dojo. In particular we worked some distancing exercises, receiving exercises, and basic structure exercises. I've been incorporating some of this in every class lately because it is material I feel I should be working on. I've been doing these exercises before doing kihon training so that by the end of the kihon training we are incorporating the structure exercises into whatever basic was covered. This night it was more おもてぎゃく。

First, I reviewed the model of おもてぎゃく that was introduced during the last class. Then we did a version that Daryl told me he experienced recently that apparently came from some of Kacem's teachings. After that we did another version that was from a Kacem seminar that I attended in NYC.

We finished the class using the おもてぎゃく model against a fully resistant うけ。This allowed us to try to apply the exercises and principles from the Zero Point Dojo. This is how class has been ending lately and I think I will continue this format for a while.

Thanks for stopping by Mike!

がんばってください!

No comments: