Thursday, August 31, 2006

Richmond (Shima Dojo) Class 8/29/2006

The ninja summit was the previous weekend and everyone had a good time. This was my first class at the Bujinkan Shima Dojo although I've attended several events there in the past so I am familiar with the dojo and it's family. Guest instruction was performed by Skip, one of Papa-san's students. He hung around for a few days after the summit. The usual suspects were in attendance. Skip went through the same routine he has for class back home. We started with ukemi including breakfalls. Then we went through several different kamae. Next was sanshin and kihon happo. After that we did a couple of koto ryu techniques which is Skip's favorite ryu. After class Dave and I faced off with padded bokkens.

I had a good time and feel very comfortable being back in Richmond. I'm looking forward to training with old and new friends.

Gambatte.

No comments: